Made Fresh with the Flowering Veggies and tasty Herbs I picked up at the Silver Lake Farmers Market Valentine’s Day Weekend.
Why I love it:
It’s made with flowers! It’s healthy! It’s Organic Farm Fresh! It’s Super Delish!
The lemon gives it the same zesty flavor as water cress soup with sour cream. Quadruple yum!
It’s a low-calorie, nutrition-packed, delicious soup.
Summer Flower Soup Recipe
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (more can be substituted for white onion)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped ginger
- Fist full of flowering Choy Sum (baby Bok Choy), chopped
- Fist full of flowering Chinese Broccoli, chopped
- Handful of cherry tomatoes for interest
- 6 cups of filtered water
- Generous shakings of TJs 21 seasoning salute (or just a few pinches of your favorite dried herbs)
- Generous crankings of the mutli-colored pepper corn mill
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Fresh oregano sprig
- 1 Fresh squeezed lemon from Mom’s garden and throw in a little of the rind.
Sauté white & green onions in oil in a stock pot for a few minutes (sautéing them in vegetable broth is ok too)
Add in ginger and veggies, then the filtered water
Add seasonings and squeeze lemon in last along with the rind
Bring to a light boil
Reduce heat to a simmer for ½ hour.